Saturday, February 25, 2012

One Thousand Gifts

I am currently reading (when I have time) "One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live fully Right Where You Are" by Ann Voskamp. It had great reviews and her blog is so inspiring, I thought I'd give it a try. She writes very poetically and imaginatively but now that I'm several chapters in, I'm loving it! It really helps you think about your life, your view of your life and of God. As you could imagine, it's about being thankful but really it is about much more. Here's an excerpt of what I read today: "Joy is the realest reality, the fullest life, and joy is always given, never grasped. God gives gifts and I give thanks and I unwrap the gift given: joy... Don't disdain the small. The whole of life-even the hard-is made up of the minute parts, and if I miss the infinite-smials, I miss the whole... There is a way to live the big of giving thanks in all things. It is this: to give thanks in this one small thing. The moments will add up." I have many things in my life for which I am thankful but I often neglect those small things, like the sweet smiles my daughter gives, the smell of coffee on a Saturday morning and a glass door that beams in beautiful sunlight. How often do I thank Him for our glass door?!? I dare say, I never have! And I love it so much!!! I think this book (more so the God who inspired it to be written) just might change my world. I highly recommend it! Happy Saturday friends!!! Bethany PS - I decided to give up Facebook for lent :) I spend way too much time on there!! So, if you think I've fallen off the face of the earth, prob not. Just email or msg me!

No comments:

Post a Comment