Saturday, September 11, 2010

Here we go....


4 wks old

I will be the first to admit how terrible I will probably be at keeping this blog updated (especially after I return to work) but I want to try. Therefore, here we go...

I decided to start a blog after the birth of my beautiful baby girl, Ryan. We currently live some distance from all of our family (other than the wonderful family members we have gained through friendship here in Greenville) and I wanted some way to document and share all the wonderful ways Ryan blesses our life. And boy does she ever! In the short month of her life she has already brought so many smiles, laughs and a joy that only other mothers, and fathers understand. The title of my blog sums up how I feel during this stage of my life....SO UNBELIEVABLY BLESSED! I have... a hope in someone and something bigger than this present life; a husband who is quite possibly the greatest man I know; family and friends that are loving, supportive and truly incredible; and now, a daughter who is so fearfully and wonderfully made that it blows my mind every time I look at her. I am also blessed to be developing a career as a pediatrician, which is something that takes a lot of my time but is a calling and something that grows and changes me everyday. You will probably see me blog (mostly about Ryan of course) but also about all of the things listed above because they are all so dear to my heart and make me, me.

So, I quite possibly had the greatest labor and delivery experience a woman could as for (thank you Lord for that blessing). However, I will admit the first few weeks postpartum were quite overwhelming - an emotional roller coaster, diminished amount of sleep and the overwhelming responsibility you begin to understand in the days after you bring a newborn home. Not to mention all of the physical changes your body goes through after delivering a baby. However, 1 month after Ryan's birth I am more in love than I ever dreamed possible and somehow all of those things seem so small and insignificant. want to share her with all who love and cherish her as much as her father and I do.

Today is Ryan's 1 month birthday :-) yes, we are celebrating! We started introducing "tummy time" into our daily routine and her first real length of tummy time happened today. She was so funny! She's quite a strong girl (as you can see above) especially to be so small :-) She is already somewhat of a diva and after several minutes protested to all around her that she was not happy with this new position, haha! When I look at the picture above, I cannot believe how big she seems!! They really do change and grow before your eyes. She is now more alert, looking around, holding her head up some and so doing so much more. I cannot imagine what the months and years ahead will be like but am looking forward to every second!

To grandparents, aunts, uncles, friends and everyone else... I hope this helps to document the joy Ryan brings to our life and helps everyone feel like they are here sharing in the moments with us!

P.S. GO VOLS!! (Pics of Ryan in orange and white...and quite possibly with a UT pacifier will be posted later....)

No comments:

Post a Comment