Thursday, January 26, 2012

Justice, Mercy, and Humility

"He has showed you...what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and love mercy and walk humbly with your God."
~Micah 6:8

This verse has crossed my path many times throughout the years, and even though it makes me stop and think, it never really hit straight in the heart until now. There's a song out from the new Courageous movie (which I totally recommend) where the last line of this verse is repeated over and over. As I was driving the other day, singing along in my normal horrible-voice-style, God suddenly struck me with these rich words he spoke through Micah. Three instructions, that if followed deep within your heart and soul, could impact your world indefinitely. 

Friends, think on the three instructions. Justice, Mercy, Humility. Now, these aren't necessarily the action verbs in the instructions, but they sure are the hardest to follow. Ok, hopefully not the justice portion but if we're really honest with ourselves, it's probably harder than we'd like to admit.

I read a post from a friend today talking about leadership. He informed us that God told Joshua "be strong and courageous" 4 times alone in the first chapter of Joshua. I couldn't agree more. Leaders must be strong and most definitely courageous. However, dare I say these 3 qualities must be ingrained in a true leader as well? Be humble and strong, walk humbly and show mercy while being courageous...sounds hard, doesn't it? Kinda scares me actually. 

That's where I think the last 3 words of the verse come in and are probably the key to it all. Even though they are specifically linked with the last instruction, I think they are important to all of them because without Him, there ain't no way people :-) He is the author of justice. mercy and humility after all. 

So for all you leaders out there....Be strong and courageous. Seek justice, love mercy and walk humbly with your God!!!! 


Had to include a pic of the munchkin :-)

Love to all!!





No comments:

Post a Comment