Monday, September 5, 2011

The BEST Best Friend

"I  AM YOUR BEST FRIEND, as well as your King. Walk hand in hand with Me through your life. Together we will face whatever each day brings: pleasures, hardships, adventures, disappointments. Nothing is wasted when it is shared with Me. I can bring beauty out of the ashes of lost dreams. I can glean Joy our of sorrow, Peace out of adversity. Only a Friend who is also the King of kings could accomplish this. There is no other like Me!"
~ Jesus Calling, by Sarah Young

This was the begining of my bible study this morning. WHOA!!! I had to stop after that one short paragraph and take all of it in. Do you ever think about your relationship with God this way? I sure as heck don't. But how unbelievably awesome!?!?!?  I mean really, the Lord of all, Alpha and Omega, King of kings wants to be/is/relishes in being my best friend? Seriosuly!? I am so unworthy of that kind of love. How sweet to think of this reality when we are walking through dark days or even more, joys. God lives in the world through His creation, Spirit and His children - you and me. My friends, is this sinking in to your mind and heart? Oh, I hope so!!! It will cause you to almost burst with joy :-).

For this sweet face I pray HE always remains my best friend. I pray I pave the way for Him to be hers as well.

All is Grace,

Bethany

No comments:

Post a Comment